Wednesday, January 25, 2012

a guest in the house





Well, not really in the house but in the blog! I have never quest posted for anyone, as well as anyone for me.  But when Ana approached me with this idea I couldn't turn her down.  I am glad she thought of me to help pull this together!  


Ana and I go wayy back, we became friends when all that was important was having the best hair style and knowing all the "cool people".  In case you haven't guessed it yet, it was in high school that we met and started our friendship! I just love the fact that Ana and I have continued our friendship post high school.  Ana is such a beautiful person inside and out.  I love reading her blog, I am so inspired by all of her home projects and decorating skills, but mostly love reading the heartfelt posts about family, friends, and life.  





Leap


When Cassandra and I decided to jump in and do the “One Word” series, I pondered about what would be the best choice for my “One Word”. As cliché as it sounds, the one word that continued to pop into my mind was “Leap.”This word is uber cliché since this year is leap year, also. With all this being said and in an effort to maintain my blogging credibility,  I tried to push this word out of my mind as it seemed like too obvious a choice for a post such as this. Regardless of my efforts, I couldn’t seem to get it out of my mind. It seems fitting to where I am in my life and writing about it and how I will use this one word to influence my 2012 seems perfect.

Leap.

It’s so easy to get into a rut and routine in life. Normality and comfort are so much easier than change and difference. If things are going “good” in life, why make a change, right? Wrong. Sometimes things can be “good” in life, but we short-change ourselves from having a “great” life. Sometimes we have to take that leap of faith to make things great. If you follow my blog, you have seen recent posts about pondering life situations and figuring out how to fill the gap in your life between where you are and where you want to be. Why aren’t you what you want to be in life? There really are no excuses. I think this describes my life situation very well. I definitely have a good, picturesque life and am thankful for every blessing that I have. However, I think that not daring to take that “leap” in my life can hold me back from experiencing a lot of the joys that I know I should.
In 2012 I will leap. I will close my eyes, forget the voices of conflict in my mind and I will leap. I will leap into the unknown and sometimes scary with high hopes that it will bring greatness. We will never know greatness unless we are willing to take that chance and take a leap. This year I will throw off all the things that hinder me and I will run with wreck less abandonment. I will leap.

 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. {Hebrews 12:1-3}












0 lovely comments: